Would you like to sell your home on your own?
Michael Renick, a local Real Estate Real Estate Broker, breaks down the selling process for all to understand.
Home Selling Process
- Gain An Understanding of the Current Market – This is needed to help you plan how best to achieve the goal you have set for yourself. Are you trying to get the fastest sale? The highest sale price? The factors below all play a role:
- Definition of our Market
- Look across the area at all levels
- Subdivision/Condo Association
- The characteristics do we look for
- Is it a Seller’s Market
- Is it a Buyer’s Market
- We can ascertain this by looking at the following trends; i.e. are they moving up or down…
- Number of Sales
- Asking prices
- Closed prices
- Length of time for transaction
- Pricing; there are basically three approaches
- How to determine the market price; CMA is needed, specific to your property
- After CMA is completed and reviewed, what are the different pricing approaches?
- Aim High and hope that the market reaches our desired pricing level
- Price at market. This approach generally produces a sale that balances time on the market and price.
- Price below market. Start a bidding war. Could be risky.
- What must I disclose as a seller?
- Home Staging
- Marketing – Very involved. How do you reach as many qualified buyers as possible?
- Available for Showings
- How to handle:
- Mortgage Contingencies
- Inspection Contingencies
- Closing – Who pays for title
- Other items to consider:
- Do FSBO’s really save money
I know two things:
- A strong Realtor understands just how complex this process is.
- Not all Realtors are the same!
Please reach out to me directly with any questions you have. I'd be happy to help. You will never receive any pressure to list with us. You have my word on it! We are truly different. We want to help! My person cell is 941-400-8735. My email is [email protected]